Online Transcription Services VS Traditional Transcription Firms
With the enormous array of transcription services online available, it's difficult to believe that an extremely, very long time ago – transcription companies were operating in a physical office in the corner sort of manner.
With the development of the Internet, online transcription and captioning services are definitely, and unambiguously certain to be the method of choice in this day and age. Although some transcription firms use traditional transcription processes, however, the majority have now incorporated electronic methods of delivery and communication.
Image Source: Google
Online Transcription Services
- The point is that the Internet facilitates access for both clients and transcribers. Hence, the location of each person (i.e. customer and service provider) is not a problem.
- Since the transcription and client services don't require close proximity to each other, this can allow for a wider range of clients that are available.
- The internet can break down the time zone barrier since companies can employ personnel from different time zones.
- Thus, working 24/7 is much more practical and, in actuality is better for employees in that employees aren't obliged to work a "graveyard shift'.
- Transferring files is also safer and faster than sending mail.
- If the firm remains committed to maintaining its highest standards, is able to handle more work by outsourcing it in the event of need.
Traditional Transcription Services
- Fixed location means that the customers must be in the area for access to the service.
- This limits the access for potential clients.
- If the client is not located nearby Clients must forward audio files to a physical format.
- The mailing can cause delays in the final recording of the audio file.
- Security concerns also come up as mail goes through processes and various individuals.
- Physical delivery opens the potential for damage or loss of data.